Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Day 21: First Day



I’ve penned my whole name
(in blue or black ink)
more times this morning
than I care to think.

I’ve learned how to log in,
I’ve gotten one key,
I’ve chosen the first two
passwords of many.

I’ve been in the vault,
gotten robbery training,
completed extortion forms
(that took some explaining!)

I’ve read part of the handbook –
I’ll do that in stages –
the whole thing is well over
one hundred pages!

I’ve driven to Hillsboro,
hither and yon,
gone to “Culture Connection”
with Shawnee and John.

I’ve greeted some customers,
had nice interactions,
but couldn’t assist with
a single transaction.

I’ve asked many questions,
I’ve paid close attention
(though some of the answers
I’m forbidden to mention).

I’ve gotten a name badge,
this must be for real.
Ah, working again –
how good it does feel!

No comments:

Post a Comment